Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Protesters halt Hamilton Mountain super mailbox (The Spectator, July 20, 2015)

Hamilton Spectator
Two Mountain men have succeeded in preventing Canada Post from installing a controversial community mailbox at East 34th Street and Brucedale Avenue.
Ken Stone and Henry Evans-Tenbrinke camped out on the weekend on lawn chairs in front of three cement pedestals as part of a protest that began three weeks ago.
Their protest came in the wake of Hamilton police arresting another Mountain resident for a similar action and charging him with mischief.
Canada Post is replacing door-to-door delivery for 36,000 residents on the Mountain and in part of Stoney Creek with community mailboxes. The boxes were all expected to be ready Monday. A Canada Post spokesperson said last week that contractors would work through the weekend if necessary.
Stone, a well-known activist, said Sunday night that police came by on Saturday, about 75 minutes after the contractor had arrived and left.
"It looked pretty scary. I thought we were going to get arrested … It looked like they were trying to rendezvous with the contractor to put in the boxes, but that didn't happen."
Stone said police did not show up Sunday. He believes Canada Post will have to meet with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers to discuss the situation because it did not meet the July 20 service conversion deadline.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5741594-protesters-halt-hamilton-mountain-super-mailbox/



1 comment:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who help me in my life. I was infected with HIV virus in the 2012,i went to many hospitals, churches for cure but there was no solution out, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that i cannot loose my life, I lost everything I have my husband run away from me and also took my children along because of my sickness. One day I was in the river side thinking the next step to take if it is to jump into the river so that I can loose my life totally or just think where I can go to get solution. so a lady walk to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to him telling her my stories, she told me that she can help me out that’s the reason she normally come here to help people so that thy can be cured because she was into this problem before, she introduce me to a doctor who cast spells on people and gave me his number and email so i called him and also email him. He told me all the things I need to provide and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening he called me and told me that i should go for an HIV test and which i did as he told me and the result was negative. so if you are also heart brokened and also need a help you can also email him at dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com OR call +2349055637784

    ReplyDelete